Everyone was excited to hear that National Museums Liverpool announced last week that they have chosen the team that is to develop the Canning Dock area. It is a collaboration between Asif Khan Studio, Sir David Adjaye OBE, Mariam Kamara and artist Theaster Gates.
Undoubtedly an amazing and inspirational decision from a really high-calibre short-list of six which has left us all breathless and excited about what the future holds for this vital waterfront space. Some of the articles below have an amazing description of the process and the winning team, so much so that we don’t want to repeat here what is said much better by others below.
Further information here:
- NML: Waterfront Transformation Project: Blockbuster team announced 29.09.21
- The Guide: Architects announced for Canning Dock transformation 29.09.21
- Place North West: All-star team wins Canning Dock design competition 29.09.21
- Building: Team led by Adjaye and Asif Khan picked to transform Liverpool’s Canning Dock 29.09.21
- Advisor-Museums & Heritage: NML announces winning team for Canning Dock redevelopment 30.09.21
- Culture Liverpool: Canning Dock winning team announced 30.09.21
- Liverpool World: Liverpool Waterfront: Architects and artist for Canning Dock transformation announced. 01.10.21
- Museums Association: Architects appointed to lead Liverpool Waterfront transformation 01.10.21
Image courtesy of The Architects Journal