Last night we were privileged to be invited to the official opening of Homebaked the Musical telling the story of the amazing women and their supporters who started a project in Anfield that grew into a regeneration experience for the whole neighbourhood and now an inspiration to the whole city.
The musical was utterly fabulous and thoroughly enjoyable. The story-line kept closely to the time-line of the project from the first shock of the closure of the last bakery in Anfield and the threat from the council to demolish it and the terrace of which it was a part. The music was great and the lyrics inspiring. Engage is sharing this even though it is well outside the area of our remit simply because we want to get as many of you as possible to attend the Royal Court (where it is on until 23rd October 2021) and be as inspired and energised as we were to re-commit ourselves to the work we are doing to make the city centre and waterfront a better place for everyone.
You might find these links helpful:
- The Royal Court: Homebaked the Musical
- Facebook: Homebaked the Musical
- The Guide: New show Homebaked the Musical
- The Echo: Story of Liverpool’s famous community bakery turned into a musical
- Red Ladder Theatre Company: Homebaked: The Musical
- BBC News: Bake Off meets Brassed Off
- The Reviews Hub: Theatre Review – Homebaked