When: Wed 3rd Nov - 6 PM
Where: LMA, Metquarter, 35 Whitechapel, Liverpool L1 6DA
Combined in-person and online hybrid event.
Copenhagen has been long been considered one of the coolest places in Scandinavia to visit – think great food and drink, clean air, Scandi design, clean air, canals, happy locals and a penchant for cycling. But what makes it great for visitors, also makes it a great place to live – it consistently ranks high in quality of life indices for cities across the world.
What can we learn from Copenhagen, about how cities can engage their citizens to play an active role in the tourism sector, and help to shape an authentic and sustainable tourism offer.
In this, this third seminar in a three-part series, we hear from Signe Jungersted, CEO and Founding Partner Group Nao in Copenhagen, about their impressive dialogue with citizens on the impact visitors have in the city. Signe’s contribution will be followed by responses from a panel of Liverpool City Region based experts, and audience Q&A.
Any donation you can make to offset our costs would be very much appreciated.
Notes for attendees
1. Please arrive no earlier than 5:45 PM. LMA is a working college, and students will be leaving the premises at the end of the day, so we’ll only be opening the doors once the crowds have passed at 5:45 PM. There will be plenty of time for you to find a seat before the seminar starts at 6 PM.
2. We’ll attempt to space out the seating, to maintain some distance between you and other guests, but this is not a socially distanced event. Online tickets are available for those who’d rather join from home, and online attendees will still be able to contribute to the Q&A at the end of the event.
3. In the run-up to the event, if you are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, or you develop COVID-19 symptoms, you should not attend the in-person event. Contact us and we’ll refund your ticket, and send you details for joining as an online attendee.
4. Due to COVID restrictions we won’t be offering our usual tea and coffee, but there’ll be a cold drink and a locally made snack on your chair.
5. After the seminar ends at 7:30 PM, you are welcome to join the speakers and the Engage team at the GPO, the new indoor food market just a few doors away.
6. We thank you in advance for buying a ticket or donating as much as you feel able. Engage Liverpool has no source of income other than appealing for sponsorship, and donations and ticket sales for our events. Your support through events like these really help us keep going year after year.