When: Wed 6th Oct - 6 PM
Where: LMA, Metquarter, 35 Whitechapel, Liverpool L1 6DA
Combined in-person and online hybrid event.
Covid has presented us with an opportunity to recalibrate our thinking around tourism. Residents were becoming concerned about the impact that events and tourists were having on the Waterfront. There was an anxiety that more apartments were being turned over to Airbnb with local renters priced out of the city centre.
Join Engage Liverpool and Marketing Liverpool this October, to open-up a much-needed conversation about the future of our visitor economy.
Where would you take a visitor who only had 48 hours in Liverpool?
In this, this first seminar in a three-part series, we explore the visitor offer in our own city region through the eyes of local people. Join Frank Cottrell-Boyce, Ngunan Adamu, Jay Hynd, and Jubeda Khatun for a discussion on what our city has to offer – and to protect.
Any donation you can make to offset our costs would be very much appreciated.
Notes for attendees
1. Please arrive no earlier than 5:45 PM. LMA is a working college, and students will be leaving the premises at the end of the day, so we’ll only be opening the doors once the crowds have passed at 5:45 PM. There will be plenty of time for you to find a seat before the seminar starts at 6 PM.
2. We’ll attempt to space out the seating, to maintain some distance between you and other guests, but this is not a socially distanced event. Online tickets are available for those who’d rather join from home, and online attendees will still be able to contribute to the Q&A at the end of the event.
3. In the run-up to the event, if you are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, or you develop COVID-19 symptoms, you should not attend the in-person event. Contact us and we’ll refund your ticket, and send you details for joining as an online attendee.
4. Due to COVID restrictions we won’t be offering our usual tea and coffee, but there’ll be a cold drink and a locally made snack on your chair.
5. After the seminar ends at 7:30 PM, you are welcome to join the speakers and the Engage team at the GPO, the new indoor food market just a few doors away.
6. We thank you in advance for buying a ticket or donating as much as you feel able. Engage Liverpool has no source of income other than appealing for sponsorship, and donations and ticket sales for our events. Your support through events like these really help us keep going year after year.