When: Wed 8th Apr - 18.00
Where: Your Home
Welcome to our next Engage with… event and this time on Wednesday 8th April we will be enjoying an Italian Evening courtesy of the long-established Casa Italia (open on Stanley Street since 1976). This will prove to be another enjoyable evening where local residents meet up on-line at the same time and enjoy food from the same restaurant.
In a change from previous “Engage with…” nights, this week orders need to be made by phone, on Wednesday 8th itself. Full details below.
We had hoped that Delifonseca would be our choice for this week but it hasn’t been possible yet due to the high demand for their deli delivery service. Possibly when things calm down a little with grocery deliveries they will be able to look at deliveries of fresh food from the kitchen.
How does it work?
On Wednesday 8th April:
- From 3–4pm – Take a look at Casa Italia’s home delivery menu, and ring through your order to 01512275774 or 07514137415.
- Make sure to let them know you are part of the “engage” project, and that Greg, their Head Chef, invited you to make a call before their usual opening time of 4pm.
- Greg and the team will do their best to deliver your order at or before 6pm that evening.
- At 6pm – join our Zoom Room here, on your laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Connect with your fellow residents, share some stories, and share a meal… and maybe make some new friends!
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a free video conferencing app, used by millions of people around the world. It works on any phone, tablet, or computer with a front-facing camera.
You can make your evening smoother by downloading the Zoom app in advance, via this link.
Then, at dinner time on Wednesday, you can use the same link to join our Zoom Room again, or you can open up the Zoom app on your device and enter the meeting ID: 608 926 5987.
Why are you doing this?
Liverpool’s retailers, and especially its cafés, restaurants, and bars, are facing an unprecedented challenge as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meanwhile, residents all across the city centre face the prospect of becoming more and more isolated as this situation goes on.
We, at Engage, want to do our bit to help address both of these issues. Using our network of city centre and waterfront residents, and our contacts with local food providers, we want to help combat the social isolation that many of us are starting to feel. And if we can also share some really good food at the same time, then all the better!
If you have any suggestions for future restaurants, or ideas for how we can support you during this pandemic, please contact us at email@example.com.