When: Wed 6th May - 18.00
Where: Your Home
We’re delighted to be able to share with you another wonderful restaurant in Liverpool’s city centre, in Stanley Street, as part of our “Engage with…” series – this time offering you the mouth-watering delights of an Indian take-away!
Part of the curry scene in Liverpool for over 15 years and under the direction of Niz Islam Spice City has developed an unrivalled reputation for great traditional Indian curries. Read about them in this Liverpool Echo article from 23.06.19 ‘Still currying favour? How Liverpool’s traditional Indian restaurants are coping in a world of street food and Uber Eats?
During the coronavirus lockdown they are doing a delivery service and so we would like you to support them this week by choosing something from their extensive menu for our Zoom video gathering on Wednesday 6th May at 6pm.
Melissa left a comment on 19.04.20 on the Just Eat delivery service: “Everything was very tasty! Our favourite, reliable Indian restaurant- never late, cold or tasteless”. Owner Niz Islam has agreed to a special arrangement for our big neighbourhood dinner table and all orders should be made directly to him on his own mobile so that we can place our orders before they usually open for business at 5.00pm to make sure our orders are delivered by 6.00pm.
How does it work?
On Wednesday 6th May:
- Our orders open from 4pm – Take a look at Spice City’s delivery menu on the Spice City website and decide what you want to eat.
- Ring Niz on his mobile at 07848 848800 and mention you’re part of the Engage Liverpool event at 6pm, place your order and if you want to pay by card you can do so. You will be sent a WhatsApp request and Niz will explain how it works. Please be patient as a number of residents will be ringing from 4.00pm so make your call as focused and concise as possible.
- You can then either agree to collect the meal yourself or have it delivered.
- At 6pm – join our Zoom Room here, on your laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Connect with your fellow residents, share some stories, and share a meal… and maybe make some new friends!
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a free video conferencing app, used by millions of people around the world. It works on any phone, tablet, or computer with a front-facing camera.
You can make your evening smoother by downloading the Zoom app in advance, via this link.
Then, at dinner time on Wednesday, you can use the same link to join our Zoom Room again, or you can open up the Zoom app on your device and enter the meeting ID: 608 926 5987.
Why are you doing this?
Liverpool’s retailers, and especially its cafés, restaurants, and bars, are facing an unprecedented challenge as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meanwhile, residents all across the city centre face the prospect of becoming more and more isolated as this situation goes on.
We, at Engage, want to do our bit to help address both of these issues. Using our network of city centre and waterfront residents, and our contacts with local food providers, we want to help combat the social isolation that many of us are starting to feel. And if we can also share some really good food at the same time, then all the better!
If you have any suggestions for future restaurants, or ideas for how we can support you during this pandemic, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image courtesy of Andrew Teebay/Liverpool Echo