When: Wed 15th Apr - 18.00
Where: Your Home
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to our fourth Engage with… event, where we’ll be having a catch up and sharing amazing food from The Little Shoe on Bold Street – the restaurant that replaced the East Avenue Bakehouse. During this coronavirus pandemic small independent suppliers and food producers are under enormous pressure to just keep their businesses afloat and also to cope with demand and Charlotte, Connor and chef Paul Durand at The Little Shoe are no exception.
We love The Little Shoe (and one day hope to find out how it got that unusual name!) and are desperate to make sure it is one of the places we can return to once this virus is out of the way. So for our Wednesday big neighbourhood dinner table event on 15th April during Easter Week we want you to order a meal of your choice, and then join us for a video call with a difference.
This week you can choose from fish pie or shepherds pie (there is also scouse but we have done that with Skaus) and there are also some pies like chicken, bacon and leek, or cheese, onion and potato. Yum. You could also order a soup starter, and a sticky toffee pudding desert – you know you deserve it!
We’re also hoping you can keep an Easter egg handy, so that we can share together some Easter chocolate! Please feel free to invite a neighbour to join us – you never know how lonely and isolated some people can feel at this time.
How does it work?
- First, have a think about whether there are any friends or neighbours you can invite to join us. Food’s always best shared with new friends!
- Browse the selection of food on The Little Shoe’s website, and order before 5pm on Monday 13th April.
- Charlotte and Connor at The Little Shoe will prepare and deliver your order on Tuesday 14th April. Once it arrives, pop it in the fridge – if you can resist!
- At 6pm on Wednesday 15th April, join our Zoom Room here, on your laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Connect with your fellow residents, share some stories, and share a meal… and maybe make some new friends!
- Extra brownie points if you manage to find an Easter Egg to share with everyone!
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a free video conferencing app, used by millions of people around the world. It works on any phone, tablet, or computer with a front-facing camera.
You can make your evening smoother by downloading the Zoom app in advance, via this link.
Then, at dinner time on Wednesday, you can use the same link to join our Zoom Room again, or you can open up the Zoom app on your device and enter the meeting ID: 608 926 5987.
Why are you doing this?
Liverpool’s retailers, and especially its cafés, restaurants, and bars, are facing an unprecedented challenge as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meanwhile, residents all across the city centre face the prospect of becoming more and more isolated as this situation goes on.
We, at Engage, want to do our bit to help address both of these issues. Using our network of city centre and waterfront residents, and our contacts with local food providers, we want to help combat the social isolation that many of us are starting to feel. And if we can also share some really good food at the same time, then all the better!
If you have any suggestions for future restaurants, or ideas for how we can support you during this pandemic, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.