When: Thu 3rd Oct - 5:30–7:30pm
Where: Museum of Liverpool, Pier Head, Liverpool, L3 1DG
Seminar One in this year’s Seminar Series looked at the theme of cycling and walking as we often hear residents complaining that the infrastructure for cycling just isn’t good enough and cyclists feel unsafe on the roads. Pedestrians want to see that walking has a higher priority than cars and that this is reflected in the design of our streets. We brought our guest speaker from Copenhagen – the best city in the world for cycling and walking.
Our main speaker was:
Klaus Bondham CEO of Danish Cyclists’ Federation and former Mayor of Technical and Environmental Affairs in The City of Copenhagen. Personal website
Our Liverpool City Region speaker was:
Cllr Nathalie Nicholas (Liverpool), Deputy Portfolio Holder Transport & Air Quality.
Local Panel activists, and Q&A:
- Peloton Liverpool https://www.facebook.com/PelotonLiverpool/
- LCC Cycling and Walking Officer: Jayne Rogers
- Liver Pedlaa Pool https://www.cyclinguk.org/group/liverpedlaapool Cycling UK affiliate: Blaen Roberts
- Merseyside Cycling Campaign: Eddie Taylor
- Recycles https://www.facebook.com/recycles.merseyside/
- Sustrans https://www.sustrans.org.uk/bikelife
- Walk Ride GM: Helen Pidd https://walkridegm.org.uk/
- Ten Street Cycles: Malcolm Lesley https://www.tenstreetcycles.com https://www.facebook.com/tenstreetcycles/ https://www.instagram.com/tenstreetcycles/
Original event information:
The seminar will open doors at 5.30pm for registration and refreshments and the event will start promptly at 6.00pm and finish promptly at 7.30pm. Registration is essential and we are asking participants to support our work by making a donation towards the cost of the event and if required anyone who wants a refund can request one on the night so the seminars will remain free for those people.
Engage has to raise every penny it spends on these events and receives no funding apart from sponsorship funding. Your support and financial help is very much appreciated.