When: Thu 31st Oct - 5.30-7.30pm
Where: Constellations, 35-39 Greenland Street, Liverpool, L1 0BS
Seminar Three in the Engage Seminar Series is looking at devolution and governance across the Liverpool City Region. People often get confused about the responsibilities of the two Mayors, one the elected Mayor for the City and the other the elected Metro Mayor for the City Region. What powers have been devolved to the Metro Mayor and what powers will come in the future? Is the City Region starting to cooperate and work together after a long history of rivalry and antagonism? Is there a role for city centre residents to play in the new emerging City Region Combined Authority? Our guest speaker is a national expert in devolution and the likely impact of Brexit.
Our main speaker is:
Prof Philip McCann Professor in Urban and Regional Economics, Sheffield University Management School personal website
Our Liverpool City Region speaker is:
Cllr Carla Thomas (Sefton) Deputy Portfolio Holder LCR CA , Policy and Resources, Strategy and Delivery
Local Panel activists:
- Andi Herring Co-Founder, LCR Pride Foundation
- Rev Canon Dr. Ellen Loudon Director of Social Justice and Canon Chancellor Diocese of Liverpool
- Nick Smith Enterprise Manager Canal & River Trust
- Civil Society Media https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/
- Involve https://www.involve.org.uk/
- Citizens Assembly: Democracy Matters Project https://citizensassembly.co.uk/democracy-matters/about/
- Unlock Democracy https://unlockdemocracy.org/
- Democratic Audit http://www.democraticaudit.com/
- The Democratic Society https://www.demsoc.org/who-are-we/
- Democracy Matters http://www.democracymatters.org.uk/
- Citizens Foundation Iceland https://www.citizens.is/
- Local Democracy Week https://www.bristol.gov.uk/how-council-decisions-are-made/local-democracy-week http://www.congress-eldw.eu/
The seminar will open doors at 5.30pm for registration and refreshments and the event will start promptly at 6.00pm and finish promptly at 7.30pm. Registration is essential and we are asking participants to support our work by making a donation towards the cost of the event and if required anyone who wants a refund can request one on the night so the seminars will remain free for those people.
Engage has to raise every penny it spends on these events and receives no funding apart from sponsorship funding. Your support and financial help is very much appreciated.
Checkout using the form above, or buy your tickets on Eventbrite.