When: Thu 17th Oct - 5.30–7.30pm
Where: The Tapestry, Kempston Street, Fabric District, Liverpool, L3 8HL
Seminar Two in Engage’s 2019 Seminar Series examined the crisis of homelessness and rough sleeping which is evident on our streets on a daily basis. Never in living memory can anyone remember times as bad as these. Residents feel particularly strongly about this issue as people are living on the streets where they live and walk every day. We brought our guest speaker from Finland where they have a different solution and now have no people living on their streets.
Our main speaker was:
Juha Kahila Project Coordinator Y-Foundation, Finland website HERE
Our Liverpool City Region speaker was:
Cllr Trish Hardy (Sefton), Deputy Portfolio Holder LCR CA, Housing & Spatial Framework
Local Panel activists, and Q&A:
- John Finnegan CEO Liverpool Homeless FC
- Nigel Mellor Chair of Emmaus Merseyside
- David Carter CEO Whitechapel Centre
- The Whitechapel Centre https://www.whitechapelcentre.co.uk/
- Emmaus Merseyside https://www.emmaus.org.uk/merseyside
- Liverpool Homeless Football Club https://liverpoolhomelessfootballclub.com/
- The Basement http://www.the-basement.org.uk/
- Labre House Night Hub https://www.liverpool.gov.uk/alwaysroominside/
- Crisis Skylight Merseyside https://www.crisis.org.uk/get-help/merseyside/
- ROOF Remember Our Outdoor Friends http://roofliverpool.org.uk/index.html
- Shelter Merseyside https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help/local_services/merseyside
- Paper Cup Project https://www.facebook.com/papercupprojectLPL/
Original event information:
The seminar will open doors at 5.30pm for registration and refreshments and the event will start promptly at 6.00pm and finish promptly at 7.30pm. Registration is essential and we are asking participants to support our work by making a donation towards the cost of the event and if required anyone who wants a refund can request one on the night so the seminars will remain free for those people.
Engage has to raise every penny it spends on these events and receives no funding apart from sponsorship funding. Your support and financial help is very much appreciated.