When: Wed 1st Apr - 18.00
Where: Your Home
Following our first big neighbourhood dinner table (where residents across the city shared tasty Lunya paella online together) get ready for our second link-up: On Wednesday 1st April, you’re invited to our first Scouse Night!
This is no April Fool’s joke – instead, it’s a fun way to help one another get through this difficult time and definitely have a laugh!
For our 1st April Scouse Party, we’ve teamed up with a wonderful local food supplier Skaus, started by friends Josh Lundon and Dan Cameron in January 2017 and now run from their kitchen in the Baltic Triangle. We first came across them at the Baltic Market and loved their focus on our traditional Scouse dish.
There is only one way to find out if their recipe is as good as your nan’s and that is to join the Engage Scouse Night and as part of the fun meet your neighbours who live in L1 (City Centre) and L3 (Waterfront) on the Zoom platform.
How does it work?
- Pre-order your food from the Skaus website before 8pm Monday 30th March, you MUST type “engage” in the Order Request box to ensure delivery on April 1st. There is nothing to pay immediately you will be contacted by the team at Skaus. Remember 1kg pack serves up to 3 people!
- On Tuesday, the Skaus team will cook up a special batch just for Engage, then vacuum pack it to seal in the freshness, and send it out for delivery.
- Once your meal arrives on Wednesday, pop it in the fridge… if you can resist!!
- Pop open the pack, and reheat at 6pm, and then join our Zoom Room here, on your laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Connect with your fellow residents, share some stories, and share a meal… and maybe make some new friends!
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a free video conferencing app, used by millions of people around the world. It works on any phone, tablet, or computer with a front-facing camera.
You can make your evening smoother by downloading the Zoom app in advance, via this link.
Then, at dinner time on Wednesday, you can use the same link to join our Zoom Room again, or you can open up the Zoom app on your device and enter the meeting ID: 608 926 5987.
Why are you doing this?
Liverpool’s retailers, and especially its cafés, restaurants, and bars, are facing an unprecedented challenge as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meanwhile, residents all across the city centre face the prospect of becoming more and more isolated as this situation goes on.
We, at Engage, want to do our bit to help address both of these issues. Using our network of city centre and waterfront residents, and our contacts with local food providers, we want to help combat the social isolation that many of us are starting to feel. And if we can also share some really good food at the same time, then all the better!
If you have any suggestions for future restaurants, or ideas for how we can support you during this pandemic, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.