Residents are rightly getting concerned about what the future holds for our city centre and waterfront once the lockdown is eased. One sector most definitely badly affected is the hospitality sector especially our restaurants but not forgetting hotels and bars.
Engage is trying during this difficult and challenging time to do what little we can to support our independent restaurants and food suppliers by connecting residents with restaurants once a week on a Wednesday and at the same time hosting an on-line conference call for anyone who wants to connect with their neighbours. You can keep a check on this work HERE in our Engage with… project page.
We will try to bring you regular updates and comments from the national and local media about what the future might hold:
- The Guardian 27,04.20 ‘London is so strange and sad’: the sacked hospitality workers sleeping rough
- Manchester Evening News 26.04.20 ‘It’s going to be doom and gloom for a while’
- The Guardian 19.04.20 Will Britain’s restaurants survive coronavirus?
- The Guardian 14.04.20 Restaurants will never be the same after coronavirus
- The Guardian 03.04.20 How to eat: Takeaway while under coronavirus lockdown
- The Echo 20.03.20 Liverpool restaurants now doing delivery during coronavirus
- 50 Best Stories 20.03.20 11 coronavirus initiatives from restaurants and bars around the world
IMAGE: Roski, a much-loved independent restaurant on Rodney Street, courtesy of Olive Magazine