Engage launched a new project during the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic in order to both support our wonderful independent restaurants and also to support people who live on the waterfront and in the city centre and were feeling isolated and under pressure during this time. We did Engage with... each other and Engage with... our food suppliers! It was very well received by those taking part.
How do I join the Zoom room?
You can use Zoom on your smartphone, tablet (iPad), or any computer with a webcam.
Once you have Zoom installed, you can tap here to join our call:
Or if you’re joining from a different device, open the Zoom app on the device, pick the option to “Join a meeting”, and then enter our Meeting ID:
What is this project about?
Every week during lockdown in March, April, May, and June 2020, we asked city centre and waterfront residents to order a meal from a different restaurant, to be eaten at 6pm on Wednesdays whilst, at the same time, sharing stories and conversation with each other on the Zoom video call platform.
All they needed to do is place an order, and the food was delivered to their door. Reheat it by 6pm, and join the Zoom Room link we sent to them. It was as easy as that. Over the three months of lockdown, we shared meals from an impressive 15 local independent restaurants.
When the UK returned to lockdown in November, we reintroduced the neighbourhood dinner table calls.
Why did you do this?
The COVID-19 lockdown was a very stressful time for everyone, and even though most of us were confined to our homes, some of us realised we could still reach out and support businesses who are trying to survive and whom we would want to still be there when all this is over.
Other independent services worth considering
Header image courtesy of the Liverpool Echo
There a re no files for this project
- RT @prosocialplace: Why would we throw our future away? Reclaiming the lost & threatened spaces & cultural artefacts of Liverpool following…
- RT @MerseyCivic: Join us andRichard Moore talking about renovating Richard Huw’s Listed Fountain on 26 may in a sequel event we hosted in…
- Taking part in @ARCH_H2020 Mutual Learning Workshop with experts in heritage and climate change from all over Europe. Impressive!
- RT @laura_culture: Delighted to announce our Waterfront Transformation Project today, massive thanks to everyone who have help us get this…
- RT @S_OldHaymarket: When three buses enter the bus hub, they determine when the next three can leave. How can people design something so st…
- RT @PelotonLiv: Any children’s bikes for donation? We collect them, fully service them and take to school. They are then tinselled beyond r…
- This will be one to keep an eye on! https://t.co/6GOww3fVGF