Engage is launching a new project during the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic in order to both support our wonderful independent restaurants and also to support people who live on the waterfront and in the city centre and maybe feeling isolated and under pressure at this time. We can Engage with... each other and Engage with... our food suppliers!
Sounds cool, what’s the plan?
Every week we are going to ask city centre and waterfront residents to order a meal from a different restaurant, to be eaten at 6pm on Wednesdays whilst, at the same time, sharing stories and conversation with each other on the Zoom video call platform.
We’re working hard to line up an exciting list of restaurants to be part of the project – a different one each week – and we’ll be promoting each week’s restaurant through our Grapevine mailing list, our website, and our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
All you need to do is place an order, and the food will be delivered to your door. Reheat it by 6pm, and join the Zoom Room link we send to you. It’s as easy as that.
How do I join the Zoom room?
You can use Zoom on your smartphone, tablet (iPad), or any computer with a webcam.
Once you have Zoom installed, open it. Pick the option to “Join a meeting”, and then enter our Meeting ID:
Who’s this for?
We’re running this for anyone in an L1 or L3 postcode.
Why are you doing this?
This is a very stressful time for everyone and even though most of us are confined to our homes we can still reach out and support businesses who are trying to survive and whom we would want to still be there when all this is over.
Let your neighbours know about this and hopefully we can get residents from all across the city centre and waterfront joining in on this exciting project. Don’t forget we want to see and hear you as well!
Other independent services worth considering
Header image courtesy of the Liverpool Echo
There a re no files for this project
- Let them know what you think https://t.co/INFcozaWIr
- RT @GreenbankLabour: Have your say on Liverpool's livable streets consultation. Suggest specific improvements for cycling, pedestrians, mot…
- RT @CllrNickSmall: Oppose government plans to extend construction times in Liverpool City Centre, potentially to 24 hours a day. Here's an…
- RT @jonjalex: Love this collection (and proud to be part of it!)...
- RT @WalkRideGM: Let’s not be left behind by London. Really positive discussions going on in Greater Manchester at the moment but we need mo…
- Thank you! https://t.co/hgzildsm4s
- Britons want quality of life indicators to take priority over economy https://t.co/3KF3BzFeM5 Important reflections as we move forward.