Engage launched a new project during the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic in order to both support our wonderful independent restaurants and also to support people who live on the waterfront and in the city centre and were feeling isolated and under pressure during this time. We did Engage with... each other and Engage with... our food suppliers! It was very well received by those taking part.
Sounds cool, how did it work?
Every week we asked city centre and waterfront residents to order a meal from a different restaurant, to be eaten at 6pm on Wednesdays whilst, at the same time, sharing stories and conversation with each other on the Zoom video call platform.
All they needed to do is place an order, and the food was delivered to their door. Reheat it by 6pm, and join the Zoom Room link we sent to them. It was as easy as that.
Over the three months of lockdown, we shared meals from an impressive 15 local independent restaurants. You can see a full list at the bottom of this page.
Why did you do this?
The COVID-19 lockdown was a very stressful time for everyone, and even though most of us were confined to our homes, some of us realised we could still reach out and support businesses who are trying to survive and whom we would want to still be there when all this is over.
Other independent services worth considering
Header image courtesy of the Liverpool Echo
There a re no files for this project
- Watch this and PLEASE pass it on widely. https://t.co/N7krCTRN3V
- Engage always keen to support and encourage local independent businesses. Let us know what it tastes like! https://t.co/gAN8prs3kx
- RT @createstreets: Have you signed up yet to our free online conference? No zoom. Dip in & out. Asking the big questions Can we still le…
- RT @WorldHeritageUK: We are pleased to be participating in this event
- Victorian Society files legal challenge against "insensitive and inappropriate" Liverpool zip wire… https://t.co/IcRs4fK8L8
- Victorian Society files legal challenge against "insensitive and inappropriate" Liverpool zip wire… https://t.co/g3b397VJ1t