Engage successfully applied for an Awards For All Grant from the Big Lottery to run a 12 month project focusing on improving the City Centre as a place for extensive greening of the environment and better use of the immense blue spaces of the dock area along the Waterfront.
The Project Director is Elaine Cresswell who can be contacted at email@example.com and over the next 12 months will be delivering various activities to identify people who live and work in the city centre who are committed to improving the quality of life for everyone and identifying those areas where the streets and spaces of the city centre can be improved.
In August 2015, Bluegreen Liverpool, reShaped and Collective Fill, Nantes lead DIY outdoor furniture making workshops at The Hub, Bridgewater Street in the Baltic Triangle area of the city. 45 Liverpool city residents joined us to transform this key community site from a grass area that everyone ignored into a place that could be used.
In September we joined our friends Atlantic Gateway, Warp Liverpool and Landlife in Everton Park for ‘Walk on the Wildside’ event. We collected resident’s stories and memories from the docks and canals and were inspired by their ideas for the future of our waterspaces.
We held Greening the Grey Walks in November and December. City centre residents joined Elaine to look at the design of The Rope Walks, Baltic Triangle, Waterfront and Lime Street to identify how these places made is feel, their character, what we liked and disliked, whether they were places that we would like to live and what could be done to encourage us to use these areas more often.
In January, we received £8,000 funding to establish a number of growing spaces with residents in the Rope Walks and Baltic Triangle from Tesco Bags of Help. We are currently working with the Brink, City of Liverpool College and St Vincent De Paul School to develop the design for vacant and underused spaces on Parr Street, Kent Street and Cornwallis Street. We will start construction works on 26th May.
In April, Engage and Bluegreen Liverpool were invited to join the Canal and Waterways Trust Implementation board. Our vision, to transform our waterfront and docks into a place Liverpool Waterfront Park, bookended by the 3 graces and a new plant based visitor attraction at Brunswick Dock. Within our vision, buildings will be set into green landscape and vibrant and tranquil places created for residents to picnic, play and calm our minds in the middle of a busy day. These places will be linked by a new floating waterway providing expansive views of the docks from the water level and a reinvigorated and greened riverside walkway.
If you are interested in getting involved in Blue-Green Liverpool’s work or want to hear more about our actives please ‘Like’ us on Facebook to keep up to date with our news and events or email Elaine@bluegreenliverpool.org.uk
- Engage Grapevine – March/April 2023 – Five events to kick off your spring https://t.co/9jUqQttyIE https://t.co/ueLGuio7Ow
- https://t.co/JDf3Mrcfbl Fascinating results from our recent public survey about the Piazza 'Bucket' Fountain. Worth… https://t.co/ph8xYdRGdW
- RT @elainecresswll: Please come and join us. We are primarily focused on turning the existing marine objects (anchors, capstans and funnel…
- Check out our article about this event: https://t.co/R06WuUd1Kj @elainecresswll https://t.co/75xiZ0kaJA
- https://t.co/R06WuUctUL Hope many residents can find the interest and time to attend a very special workshop about… https://t.co/8nIuhrulPJ
- https://t.co/DOltDLNRsH Delighted to share our report on the fabulous @Eurovision residents meeting at… https://t.co/OjZ8tr3bHE
- RT @lasalle_hotel: Our 3rd Get Stuffed! air-fryer session with @AcadCulArts Chef James Holden and support from @standrewslive and @CobaltH…
- RT @p_longfootphoto: Beautiful day yesterday at Princes Dock Liverpool https://t.co/fjatufrSni for the full video. Pls like and subscribe…
- RT @p_longfootphoto: Snowdrop Mersey Ferry on the Mersey a couple of weeks ago. @MerseyFerries @theferrysociety @EngageLiverpool @LivEchone…
- @lpoolcouncil @ChrisBrownML @LpoolMarketing @CultureLPool @FinneganSusan @harrydoyle96 @ACCLiverpool'>ACCLiverpool Plus, aside fr… https://t.co/v1kUj4BTiF