Residents of the Waterfront and City Centre live within the boundaries of the UNESCO World Heritage Site and have consistently shown that they value the designation of our city as a WHS inscribed location. Engage has been championing our status as a WHS on behalf of the residents of the city and this page of our website collects the on-going events that Engage runs, often in partnership with other organisations, to connect citizens with their Maritime Mercantile WHS.
This interest began when residents asked if anyone in the city was going to defend our WHS status in the face of a growing narrative to dismiss it’s value or importance to the city. And so Engage ran for two years a series of seminars around the theme of the WHS looking at its status in 2017 and development and regeneration in 2018.
Engage Seminar Series 2017 HERE
Engage Seminar Series 2018 HERE
- Taking part in @ARCH_H2020 Mutual Learning Workshop with experts in heritage and climate change from all over Europe. Impressive!
- RT @laura_culture: Delighted to announce our Waterfront Transformation Project today, massive thanks to everyone who have help us get this…
- RT @S_OldHaymarket: When three buses enter the bus hub, they determine when the next three can leave. How can people design something so st…
- RT @PelotonLiv: Any children’s bikes for donation? We collect them, fully service them and take to school. They are then tinselled beyond r…
- This will be one to keep an eye on! https://t.co/6GOww3fVGF
- What an excellent event and thank you so much for launching this important organisation. We enjoyed being present a… https://t.co/gg23Zxin8j