Residents of the Waterfront and City Centre live within the boundaries of the UNESCO World Heritage Site and have consistently shown that they value the designation of our city as a WHS inscribed location. Engage has been championing our status as a WHS on behalf of the residents of the city and this page of our website collects the on-going events that Engage runs, often in partnership with other organisations, to connect citizens with their Maritime Mercantile WHS.
This interest began when residents asked if anyone in the city was going to defend our WHS status in the face of a growing narrative to dismiss it’s value or importance to the city. And so Engage ran for two years a series of seminars around the theme of the WHS looking at its status in 2017 and development and regeneration in 2018.
Engage Seminar Series 2017 HERE
Engage Seminar Series 2018 HERE
- Thread continued 6/6 https://t.co/nwjN6p2JnQ
- Thread continued 5/6 https://t.co/3Zj6rsvMYb
- Thread continued 4/6 https://t.co/5yVG9WrIdw
- Thread continued 3/6 https://t.co/9uNJQEBKNC
- Thread continued 2/6 https://t.co/o2LZJJzFcq
- The thread is worth watching if you ever use the Strand or are concerned about what is currently happening there 1/6 https://t.co/90JD4Fm0xt
- Happy to support where we can. https://t.co/ZxpU1vqJWW
- Watch this and PLEASE pass it on widely. https://t.co/N7krCTRN3V
- Engage always keen to support and encourage local independent businesses. Let us know what it tastes like! https://t.co/gAN8prs3kx